TheSportsCampus

The Worlds Favourite Playground

Thursday, Jan 19th

Last update:07:41:37 PM GMT

RSS
You are here: Football Transfer News

Transfer News

Corinthians officially confirm interest in signing Chelsea legend

Corinthians have sent an official proposal to Didier Drogba as they attempt to secure one of Brazilian football's biggest ever signings. The Sao Paulo outfit told media on Saturday that they are in talks with the former Chelsea striker.

"We have sent a proposal to his representative informing that we can meet his demands, which are not unreasonable," Corinthians football director Flavio Adauto said.

Tags:
Read more...

Conte looking to pillage Bundesliga giants to sign Costa’s replacement

User Rating: / 2
PoorBest 

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte, certainly, doesn’t wish to let go of the side’s prized possession, Diego Costa; however, the boss is still ready with a contingency plan, should the Spaniard indeed move to China in the near future. According to reports in The Daily Express, the Blues are now weighing up a surprise £75m move for Bayern Munich ace Thomas Muller to act as replacement for Costa.

The 27 year old, who has also been a target for Manchester United in the recent past, has struggled to hit top form under manager Carlo Ancelotti at the Allianz Arena this season. He has made 22 appearances for the club so far this season, scoring only 4 goals and providing 8 assists – mediocre stats by his standards, for sure.

Tags:
Read more...

Mourinho looking to make sensational swoop for Chelsea star

User Rating: / 4
PoorBest 

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is still believed to be keen on a reunion with his former defensive midfielder, Nemanja Matic. According to reports in The Daily Mirror, the Special One is now weighing up a move for the Serbian ace this winter, after having followed him during the summer transfer window.

The 28 year old was one of the standout performers for the club when they won the Premier League title under Mourinho a couple of seasons ago. And he has been a first team regular under new boss Antonio Conte too, with the player having make 22 appearances for the club so far, providing 8 assists in the process.

Read more...

Abramovich slams Chelsea fan favourite

User Rating: / 4
PoorBest 

Chelsea patriarch Roman Abramovich has made up his mind with regards to Diego Costa’s potential move to China this winter. According to reports in the press, the Russian oligarch will not let the Spaniard move away from Stamford Bridge anytime soon, despite the immense amount of money that his suitors Tianjin Quanjian are ready to offer for him.

An unnamed source from the club was quoted in The Daily Mirror, saying: “He is adamant about it [not selling Costa]. The owner is going to play hard-ball.”

Tags:
Read more...

Enrique calls for calm over Messi's contract situation

User Rating: / 2
PoorBest 

FC Barcelona chief coach Luis Enrique has said renewing the contract of Argentine football maestro Lionel Messi is something that must be treated with calm.

At a press conference on Friday, Enrique said he is not going to get into a game of statements about the future of the forward, the latest made by the director of institutional relations at Barcelona, Pere Gratacos.

Read more...

Chelsea eye Real Madrid star as Costa replacement

User Rating: / 7
PoorBest 

The rumour mill has it that English football league leaders Chelsea are eager to replace Diego Costa with Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata in the January transfer window.

According to a report in Italian website Calciomercato, Morata was contacted by Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte after a bust-up with Costa recently. The Spain striker was left out of their Saturday's tie against Leicester City.

Tags:
Read more...

Napoli sign Man City and Real Madrid target Leandrinho

User Rating: / 1
PoorBest 

Italian football club Napoli have ended weeks of speculation by signing highly-rated Brazilian teenager Leandrinho from Ponte Preta. The Serie A club reportedly beat off interest from Real Madrid and Manchester City to bag the 18-year-old striker.

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed the move with a brief welcome message on Twitter.

Read more...

Page 5 of 1069