TheSportsCampus

The Worlds Favourite Playground

Tuesday, Oct 26th

Last update:06:27:22 AM GMT

RSS
You are here: Football Transfer News

Transfer News

Dzeko heading nowhere as City striker distances himself from Milan link

Manchester City's long pursuit of Arsenal's Robin van Persie has clouded Edin Dzeko's future at the club with uncertainty, with the striker being linked with a host of clubs this summer. The latest rumours this week came courtesy of an ‘agent' called Sead Susic who claimed that the Bosnian was interested in a move to AC Milan. City immediately denied those rumours as they clearly stated that Dzeko was not in negotiations with any club.

And, the player himself has had to clear the air as Soccernet report that he informed this on his personal website:  “My agent is Irfan Redzepagic and neither of us are pushing for my departure from City. I'm only focused on Manchester City and I do not care about media speculation, especially when it comes from people who have nothing to do with me.”

Read more...

Tottenham aim to add attacking flair with approach for Euro 2012 winner

Tottenham Hotspur have been an active presence in the transfer window this summer and Malaga's Santi Cazorla is the latest star to be linked with a move to White Hart Lane as Andre Villas-Boas continues to search for attacking imports. Cazorla has been at Malaga for only 12 months after leaving his long-time club Villarreal last year. But there have been reports in the Spanish press regarding a fallout between the club and the player over unpaid wages and Spurs feel that this is the chance they need to snap up the 27 year old.

The Daily Star reports that Tottenham will need to lodge a bid close to £16m, the amount Malaga paid to Villarreal last summer. The report also suggests that Spurs are prepared to pay £2m in annual wages to the Spaniard in a bid to tempt him to ditch the La Liga for the Premier League.

Read more...

Liverpool defender Skrtel says he is open to switching clubs

Liverpool centre-back Martin Skrtel has said in a recent interview that plenty of clubs have shown interest in signing him this summer. In a Soccernet report, the player also outlined that he was a Liverpool player at the moment but admitted that he would be open to a switch if the right opportunity comes along.

The Slovakia international started his career at local club Trencin before moving to Russian side Zenit St Petersburg. In January 2008, the defender was brought to Liverpool by then manager Rafa Benitez. Since then, the player has performed consistently to establish his position in the first team. Despite a disappointing eighth place finish in the Premier League last season, the 27 year-old was adjudged Liverpool's Player of the Year by fans.

Read more...

Whelan issues ultimatum to Chelsea as Wigan demand full-cash deal for Moses

Wigan Athletic Chairman and the summer's unofficial town crier, Dave Whelan is once again in the news and unsurprisingly it was related to the Victor Moses saga. Chelsea have been behind the attacker all summer long but Wigan have resisted all three of their official approaches, demanding a higher fee for their best talent. Whelan has now issued a strong ultimatum that the club were only looking for a full cash deal as opposed to a player exchange offer, which has been mooted by Chelsea.

The Chairman told ESPN: ”Victor is one of the most exciting young talents around so little wonder Chelsea want him, but if they want him they are going to have to pay the price. I shall be finding out today whether Chelsea will pay cash because we are not interested in picking up one of their players on loan or in part exchange.”

Read more...

Rodgers reveals Liverpool's interest in Dempsey, Swansea's Joe Allen also in the shopping list

Liverpool have had a fairly quiet summer so far, in complete contrast to last year when Kenny Dalglish splashed millions on new imports. Brendan Rodgers on the other hand has been prudent with money as he has gone about painstakingly identifying players to suit his system. Fulham's Clint Dempsey happens to be one of them and the manager admitted that he is in talks with the Cottagers for the American.

Speaking during Liverpool's stop off at Boston as part of their pre-season tour of America, Rodgers told the club's website: "Clint is a player we've enquired about, it is as simple as that. Ian Ayre, our managing director, has spoken with to see what the position is. That is where we're at. Clint is a very talented player but we don't like to talk about other clubs' players."

Read more...

Newcastle failing in bid to land French international Aly Cissokho

Newcastle United are set to lose out in their pursuit of Lyon full-back Aly Cissokho, with the Serie A duo Inter Milan and Napoli now favourites to lay claim to the 24-year old. Cissokho, who joined Lyon from Portuguese outfit Porto in 2009, has been widely tipped to leave Les Gones this summer after seeing the side fall outside the Champions League qualification berths last term.

The French international, born to Senegalese parents, was close to signing for AC Milan in 2009, but failed his medical due to a problem with his teeth that indicated possible spinal problems in the future for the defender.

Read more...

Rodgers says Carroll is available for sale, calls loan option "ridiculous"

Disillusioned Liverpool frontman Andy Carroll is looking to hold talks with Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers next week to seek clarity over his future plans. The 23-year old has recently been the subject of large-scale transfer rumour, with Liverpool believed to be ready to offload the striker to a host of interested clubs.

The England international made a high-profile £35 million switch to Anfield 18 months back, but has not been able to live up to his billing, and has scarcely showed the form that made him such a threat at former club Newcastle. Rodgers too has made it clear that Carroll will not be a first-team regular next season, and sees no use of having a highly-paid bench warmer at the Merseyside club.

Read more...

Page 1095 of 1110