The Momentum One-Day Cup title was shared between the bizhub Highveld Lions and the Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras after another washout at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg on Saturday.
ECB today announced that Somerset batsman Nick Compton has been awarded an England increment contract for 2012-13. Compton qualifies for the award by virtue of having played four Test matches on England's current tour of India.
The Momentum One-Day Cup comes to a close on Friday evening at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg, where the hosts, the bizhub Highveld Lions, take on the defending champions, the Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras. One man the Cape side will be hoping for to get their innings off to a good start, will be Richard Levi. The 24-year old Johannesburg-born batsman has endured a torrid time at international level, ever since he bludgeoned the New Zealand attack in the second T20 international at Seddon Park in Hamilton back in February this year.
The Commonwealth Bank Southern Stars have been defeated by the New Zealand White Ferns by 8 wickets in the first One Day International (ODI) of the Rose Bowl Series at the SCG today.
Nine-time LPGA Tour winner Colleen Walker passed away on Tuesday night at her home in Valrico, Fla. following a battle with bone cancer. She was 56 years old.
Shanthakumaran Sreesanth, Indiaâ€™s firebrand fast bowler, has recently recovered from a series of recurring injuries that have plagued him for more than a year, and has been declared fit to play. A premature return to Ranji Trophy action in November last year resulted in him being forced to retire midway through a match, as his surgery failed to completely rid him of his pain. He has subsequently gone through a number of different treatments, and is now working his way back to full fitness.
- Bafana Bafana coach announces squad to face Malawi
- Kaneria spot fixing appeal postponed to January
- Squash: Cuskelly, Alexander crash out of World Championship
- Victoria gets another Netball team
- Squash: Impressive Pilley powes into third round
- Momentum One-Day Cup: Steyn 5-fer takes Cobras into Final
- Kyrgios and Myers crowned Optus 18s champions
- Squash: Cuskelly, Alexander advance at World Championship
- Sri Lanka's game against Chairman's XI ends in a draw
- Squash: Pilley survives slow start in Doha
Page 9 of 52