The International Olympic Committee (IOC) today awarded the Games of the XXXII Olympiad in 2020 to Tokyo, which was chosen over fellow Candidate Cities Istanbul and Madrid after two rounds of voting during the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Honorary Secretary Sanjay Patel, and his counterpart from Cricket South Africa (CSA), CEO Haroon Lorgat, will meet during the upcoming ICC Chief Executives’ Committee meeting scheduled for 16 and 17 September in Dubai.
Australia has claimed the silver medal at the 2013 World Youth Netball Championships after going down to New Zealand 52-47 in the final at Emirates Arena in Glasgow on Sunday. New Zealand, crowned underage world champions for the third time, held off a second half comeback to win their first title since 2005.
England captain Charlotte Edwards lifted the Women’s Ashes trophy at the Emirates International Cricket Ground Durham today as her team celebrated a 12-4 series success over Australia – completed with a seven-wicket victory in the third and final NatWest Women’s International T20 where again the partnership of Lydia Greenway and Natalie Sciver was crucial.
Australia will be out to defend its World Youth Netball Championship title in the Grand Final against New Zealand on Sunday morning in Glasgow. The reigning champions have progressed to the decider in convincing fashion following decisive wins over Israel, Namibia, Fiji, South Africa, Barbados and England.
Australia is through to the final of the 2013 World Youth Netball Championships in Glasgow after a comprehensive 67-33 victory over England in the first semi-final.
Lydia Greenway blasted 80 not out as England Women claimed a five wicket victory in the second NatWest Women’s International T20, to regain the Ashes at the Ageas Bowl today. Greenway found the boundary on 11 occasions from her 64-ball innings to set the highest score by an English women in the Twenty20 format.
- UFC 166 Preview
- Australia top pool with win over South Africa at World Youth Championships
- Sarah Taylor leads England to victory in the first T20 of the Women's Ashes Series
- Mike Brearley to deliver 11th Sir Donald Bradman Oration
- Australia overcome Fiji challenge at World Youth Championships
- Record-breaking second wicket partnership against Australia helps England to five wicket victory
- Undefeated Fury claim Australian Netball League premiership
- Kumwenda named league’s Most Valuable Player
- Australia remain undefeated at World Youth Netball Championships
- Fury and Waratahs to line up in Australian Netball League Grand Final
Page 28 of 42