The Philadelphia Union and Sporting Kansas City used second half scoring surges to secure their place in the 2015 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Final by overcoming the Chicago Fire and Real Salt Lake, respectively.
Netball Australia has bestowed the highest honor on iconic figure Joyce Brown, today announcing her elevation as the first Legend in the Netball Australia Hall of Fame.
Gurpreet Singh, who has already secured a Rio Olympics quota for India, showed great form to reach the finals of the Men’s 25m Rapid Fire Pistol event at the ISSF World Cup, in first place with a combined score of 586 over two stages of qualification. In the six-man final however, Gurpreet appeared subdued, not once shooting a perfect series of 5 shots, to finish in fifth position. The event saw yet another Chines 1-2 at the top, with Hu Haozhe beating compatriot Lao Jiajie to the Gold. Boris Artaud of France won the Bronze medal.
The Australian Diamonds took a significant step towards securing a major semi-final berth at the Netball World Cup SYDNEY 2015 after beating South Africa 66-31 in the qualification round.
Cricket Australia (CA) today advised that Delissa Kimmince has been ruled out of the Commonwealth Bank Southern Stars’ T20 squad for the Women’s Ashes due to a lower back injury.
A world record crowd for a netball match has watched the Australian Diamonds’ 21-Test winning streak come to an end after losing 52-47 to New Zealand in their Netball World Cup SYDNEY 2015 pool match.
The five-goal defeat was Australia’s first loss since it was beaten by New Zealand at Invercargill in September 2013.
Australia has enjoyed the ideal tune-up for its Pool A showdown against arch rivals New Zealand with a record-breaking 83-16 victory over Barbados at the Netball World Cup SYDNEY 2015.
The 67-goal victory at Allphones Arena was Australia’s 21st Test win in a row, making it now the third longest winning streak in the country’s history.
The Australian women’s cricket team – the Commonwealth Bank Southern Stars – has drawn their three-day tour match against a combined ECB Academy/Surrey Boys side in Beckenham.
The Australian Diamonds started their Netball World Cup title defence in emphatic style, defeating a determined Trinidad & Tobago outfit 73-32 on the opening night of the 2015 tournament at Sydney’s Allphones Arena.
- India’s Shooting Squad Eye Rio Quota Berths at the ISSF World Cup in Gabala
- Fran Wilson called-up to England squad for Women's Ashes Test
- Ian Salisbury announced as Assistant Coach of the England Physical Disability team
- Anderson ruled out for 4th Ashes Test
- Netball: Australians head to Newcastle for final World Cup preparations
- Pro Kabaddi: Dabang Delhi crush Jaipur Pink Panthers 35-27
- Pro Kabaddi: Puneri Paltan squeeze out 33-29 win against Bengal Warriors
- Jaipur Pink Panthers crush Bengaluru Bulls in Pro Kabaddi League
- Shooting: Big Dan fires up for Rio
- US stars Shannon Boxx and Lauren Holiday to Finish International Careers at End of 2015
Page 28 of 182