The 2013 Scottish Grand National winner Godsmejudge failed to sparkle and was pulled up at Sandown in the three-and-three-quarter-mile London National on December 7, leaving connections with work to do if he is going to be a serious contender for the 2014 Crabbies Grand National at Aintree in four months’ time.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) today expressed its appreciation to the Management of the Indian Cricket Team for agreeing to bring forward the dates of their two-day warm-up against a South African Invitation XI by one day. This match will now take place at Sahara Park Willowmoore on Friday, 13 December and Saturday, 14 December 2013.
Acting in the best interest of the safety and security of the West Indies Under 19 team, the West Indies Cricket Board has today, taken a decision to withdraw the team from its tour of Bangladesh.
Pune FC suffered their first home loss of the season going down 1-2 in an I-League Round-13 encounter at the Shree Shivchhatrapati Sports Complex, Balewadi in Pune on Saturday.
South African Connie Chen has won a Mercedes E400 Convertible car worth $70,000 as the first player to score a hole-in-one at the par-3 15th on the Majlis Golf Course during the Omega Dubai Ladies Masters this week. Chen used a 6-iron to ace the 160-yard hole during the third round on Friday.
Two of South Africa’s favourite sporting teams, the Springboks and the Proteas, will face off in a T20 match that will headline Day One of the Festival of Cricket taking place at Sahara Park Newlands on 3rd, 4th and 5th January 2014. The Boks will be led by Jean de Villiers with the team containing many familiar faces including the likes of Schalk Burger, Willem Alberts and Bismarck du Plessis.
Pune FC will be out to maintain their dominant reputation against arch-rivals Mumbai FC in the first ‘Maha-Derby’ of the season at the Shree Shivchhatrapati Sports Complex, Mhalunge-Balewadi in Pune on Saturday.
Kazakhstan’s Kamila Kerimbayeva ousted fourth seed Gioia Barbiery of Italy in straight sets to make it to the singles final of the NECC-ITF women’s $25,000 event at Deccan Gymkhana on Friday. Karimbayeva will meet the tournament’s top seed Magda Linette in the title clash on Saturday.
- Kyrgios withdraws from Australian Open 2014 Play-off
- South Africa to host U20 Women’s World Cup in 2016
- Duty better than he showed in Hennessy Gold Cup
- Bhambri out, Fujiwara stretches top seed Linette
- Bhambri through to Pune quarter-finals, top seed Bavisetti falls
- Bhambri wins, Raina and Venugopal ousted in 1st Round at Deccan Gymkhana
- I-League: Mumbai FC record first home win; down Kolkata-giants East Bengal 3-2
- Lleyton Hewitt awarded 2013 Newcombe Medal
- Fawad Ahmed wins Australian Muslim Sportsperson of the Year award
- I-League: Pune FC held to a 1-1 draw by United SC
Page 1 of 35