The ECB have appointed John Neal as Head of Coach Development – a new role encompassing coaching strategies from grassroots cricket to the senior England teams.
Heinrich Klaasen and Rubin Hermann scored 72* and 46 runs respectively, batting Assupol Tuks to a solid, seven-wicket win over University of Free State (Kovsies CC) on the opening day of the Momentum National Club Championships in Pretoria on Sunday.
The Melbourne Vixens have completed a topsy turvy Suncorp Super Netball Round 9 by downing the NSW Swifts 62-54 at Qudos Bank Arena. Wins to the Vixens and Sunshine Coast Lightning, combined with GIANTS Netball’s defeat to the Magpies, upended the competition table.
American Olympic champion hurdler Brianna Rollins has accepted a one-year ban for failing to correctly report her whereabouts to anti-doping officials, a media report said.
Indian Grandmaster Harika Dronavalli began her campaign at the Rejkjavik Open in style, easily beating local lad Magnus Magnusson at the Herpa Concert Hall. Starting with black, the World No.11 took control of the game in the opening itself, forcing her opponent into a series of mistakes here late on Wednesday night.
Bengal's Santosh Trophy winning coach Mridul Banerjee has been appointed coach of East Bengal for the remainder of the season.
- I-League: Aizawl FC beat Churchill Brothers 3-1
- I-League: Bengaluru FC beat Shillong Lajong 2-0
- Badminton: Sindhu, Sai Praneeth advance at Singapore Open
- I-League: Mohun Bagan held by Shillong Lajong
- Liverpool launches bid to host Commonwealth Games
- Suspect with 'Islamist links' detained for Dortmund blast
- India rout China 11-0 in Asian school hockey meet
- Kenya's Marius Kimutai wins Rotterdam Marathon
- Whelan & Uchida kick-off Rhythmic World Cup season in Italy
- I-League: Mohun Bagan beat 10-man East Bengal 2-1
Page 1 of 274