TheSportsCampus

The Worlds Favourite Playground

Wednesday, Apr 23rd

Last update:03:57:09 AM GMT

You are here: Home

rumours



A three-way war for French prospect

Paris St. Germain starlet, Adrien Rabiot, has managed to assemble a host of suitors with his matured game-sense and poise over the ball, and presently, Arsenal, Chelsea and Juventus are fighting it out for the attention of the 19 year old midfielder, reports TalkSport. Les Parisiens have always been adamant in maintaining their stand over Rabiot that the club won’t let him go, no matter the money that his suitors are willing to offer. However, considering the current scheme of things, with the former Manchester City youth player’s contract running out next season, the Ligue 1 champions have a dilemma on their hands.

Sandro deflects Arsenal’s interest

Arsenal are reportedly lining up a move for Brazilian midfielder Sandro’s services after his situation at White Hart Lane took a turn for the worse. However, the young midfielder did reiterate that he loves his present club, and a move across the dreaded North London divide is unlikely to be well received. Sandro told the Daily Express, “I quietly received the news.I respect him (Tim Sherwood), I have nothing against him, let him speak. I will continue working quietly, I'm a professional. I have to work. Everyone loves me at Tottenham, it is my home.”

Tottenham join race for Krul

Newcastle United’s Tim Krul is considering a move away from St. James’ Park, amid considerable interest from the likes of Tottenham Hotspur, AC Milan and Juventus, reports the Daily Star. The 26 year old Dutch international, who had been the subject of sustained speculation over the last couple of seasons, is reconsidering his career on Tyneside.  An unnamed source, is quoted as having said, “Tim enjoys playing for Newcastle but at the same time, he wants to win trophies and play at the highest level. He has some important decisions to make about his future and knows if he did leave, there would be no shortage of clubs wanting to sign him.”

Rodgers’ ammunition for summer battle

The Liverpool hierarchy have decided to hand over a transfer kitty of 60 million pounds to Brendan Rodgers in a bid to strengthen the squad during the upcoming summer transfer window, reports the Daily Star, after having secured Champions League football, after a hiatus of 4 long years.  Interestingly, Rodgers has reportedly been given permission to raise more funds by doing away with any unwanted players, the North Irishman sees fit to let go of.

Cole on Madrid’s radar

According to reports in the Metro, Chelsea outcast Ashley Cole is being eyed with interest by Spanish giants, Real Madrid, who are willing to sign the former Arsenal on a year long deal worth 3.5 million pounds. Liverpool were also reported to be serious contender for securing the services of the 33 year old defender.

Juventus’ aims for a ripple-effect

The Old Lady of Turn is aiming to sacrifice Paul Pogba in an effort to raise funds for signing the Manchester United duo of Robin Van Persie and Nani, along with Fiorentina’s Juan Cuadrado, reports the Daily Express. Pogba is reportedly under constant scrutiny from French powerhouse, Paris St. Germain, and the Qatari-funded club are reportedly willing to meet the 60 million pounds demanded by Juventus to prise away the French international, back to his homeland. Premier League clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal, are also believed to be keen admirers of the former Manchester United prodigy.

Old Trafford not my dream, says Kjaer

Danish international, Simon Kjaer, who is currently plying his trade for French club Lille, has become of the most sought after defenders this summer, owing to some impressive displays in the heart of Les Dogues’ defence. And amid the hue and cry for his signature, it is believed that Manchester United might be a preferred destination for the former Roma man. However, Kjaer stubbornly refuted such claims, reports Goal.com. The 25 year old centre back made his stand crystal clear during a post game conference, whereby he responded to a query regarding his priorities, with the following words: “It’s always nice to know about interest from other big clubs but to be honest rumours like that are not in my thoughts at all right now. All my focus and energy is on the Lille games and for me personally my concentration is all about achieving my big goal to play in the Champions League with Lille next season.”

Barcelona opens the door for Tello exit

Liverpool have been given a huge boost in their quest for signing Cristian Tello, after Barcelona granted permission to the 22 year old winger to explore new challenges, reports TalkSport. However, along with the Reds, Italian giants AC Milan, are also believed to be fascinated with the youngster’s potential. It is reported that the Catalan giants are expecting a sum of at least 8 million pounds for the former Espanyol youngster.

Red Devils rebuffed yet again

SC Freiburg defender Matthias Ginter has opted to sign for Borussia Dortmund, amidst speculations that the 20 year old might be interested in donning the Red Devils’ colours, next season, reports TalkSport. Ginter had been identified as one of the top targets for the upcoming summer transfer window, by former United manager David Moyes. And, if rumours are to be believed, he was close to signing with the Premier League champions. Eventually, it was the charm and charisma of Jurgen Klopp’s team that attracted the former SV March boy, as the deal proceeds into the final stages of completion.

Olympiakos gunning for Gunners’ target

Juventus forward, Mirko Vucinic, who was close to joining Arsenal this January has been identified as a potential target by Greek club, Olympiakos, reveals TalkSport. The former Lecce hitman, has struggled during his stay in Turin and will become a free agent in 2015, considering which the Old Lady might judge it as practical to let go of him at a reduced price during the upcoming transfer window. It is believed that Arsenal have not yet given up on the burly 6 ft.1 in. striker, and might make a final effort to sign him.

Arsenal get a new midfielder

He's not quite a new signing, but for all practical purposes he may as well be, as Arsenal have reported that Frenchman Abou Diaby played 45 minutes for the Arsenal U-21 side against Chelsea on Tuesday!

{fcomment id=35281}

 

Arsenal set to miss out on Croatian defender

Arsenal have been left behind in the pursuit of Genoa right back Sime Vrsaljko, as Inter Milan have identified the 22 year old Croatian as an integral part of their squad rebuilding project, and are preparing to make an official offer to secure the services of the former Dinamo Zagreb youngster, reports TalkSport.

Aguero back on Madrid’s radar

Real Madrid have reignited their interest in Sergio Aguero according to reports in the Daily Mirror. Los Blancos are reportedly prepared to let go of Karim Benzema in their bid to finance a move for the Argentine forward and Paris St. Germain are eyeing Benzema’s situation at the Spanish capital with a certain level of enthusiasm. PSG have identified the former Lyon man as a potential replacement for Edinson Cavani, with the Uruguayan being closely monitored by Manchester United.

Read more...  

Chelsea to raid Arsenal in the summer?

With the future of Arsenal skipper Thomas Vermaelen at the Emirates constantly questioned, Jose Mourinho has identified the Belgian international as a possible target in the upcoming summer transfer window to strengthen the Blues’ back-line, reports the Daily Express. And, keeping in mind the increasingly possibility that John Terry’s 16 year-career at Stamford Bridge might be coming to a close, at the end of this current season, an addition in the form of the experienced 28 year old Vermaelen might be considered as a well adopted strategy on the part of the “Special One”.

Hamsik not for sale

Contrary to media reports last week which declared that 26 year old Slovakian international Marek Hamsik was going to be made available for transfer this summer for £33m, Napoli’s President Aurelio De Laurentiis has come out to dismiss the speculation. De Laurentiis said, "It's only journalists who put him on the market. Marek has to come and tell me if he wants to go, but there is no more Neapolitan player than him. He has become Neapolitan and for me he is absolutely not for sale. Of course if he came to me and asked to leave, then we'd have to discuss it." Hamsik is reported to be on the summer shopping list of Chelsea and Manchester United according to the Daily Express.

Read more...  

Arsenal to make £13m bid Chris Smalling

Arsenal are hopeful that the refurbishing of Manchester United's backline could include the sale of versatile defender Chris Smalling, with the Daily Star reporting that Gunners are preparing a teasing £13 million offer for the 24 year old. (read more)

...And Spurs want Welbeck!

Meanwhile across town in North London, the Daily Mirror reports that Tottenham too want a slice of the Manchester United pie and are eyeing a £20 million summer move for Danny Welbeck.

Read more...  

Arsenal rocked in Draxler chase

Arsenal's continued pursuit of German sensation Julian Draxler seems to have hit another roadblock with the player's agent telling SportBild.de: "Why should a player leave the club if the club have just built a top team? I also think it's good if players stick to what they have signed. It would take an awful lot to happen for one of the two of them to leave. And even then I'm not sure it would be possible. The players understand that there is currently a lot of peace at the club and a lot of optimism about their future there."

Arsenal face competition from Juventus for Sheffield United striker

Arsenal are not alone in their interest in signing 18 year old Sheffield United striker Diego de Girolamo according to reports in the Daily Mail. The Chesterfield born youngster has played for Italy at all relevant youth levels.

Read more...  

Chelsea to compete with Arsenal for young Stones

The Daily Mail reports that Chelsea will not let Arsenal have an unopposed run at signing young Everton defender John Stones with the Blues also eyeing a move for England's newest teenage sensation.

Arsenal want another Real Madrid midfielder

Arsenal are considering a return to the Santiago Bernabeu for some summer shopping, this time for a considerably lower profile target in 22 year old Brazilian Casemiro. Inter Milan are likely to compete with Arsenal for the youngster's signature, who joined Real Madrid for £5m from Sao Paolo reports the Daily Mirror.

Read more...  

  • «
  •  Start 
  •  Prev 
  •  1 
  •  2 
  •  Next 
  •  End 
  • »
Powered by Tags for Joomla