|< Prev||Next >|
Man United lining up blockbuster summer signing, Bale move mooted
Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to splash the cash to launch Man United’s assault on the Champions League next season according to the Sunday Mirror, with the veteran manager openly talking about at a big money summer signing: “Everything is in place for a big signing. I think that the Glazers have been great. Whenever I have asked, they have delivered.” The Mirror also reports that Gareth Bale could be the man is Alex is looking for and the Red Devils might repeat their old trick of rankling Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy with another move for a White Hart Lane star.
Sir Alex rules out Nani sale
The Portuguese winger has been linked with an Old Trafford exit since last summer and his exploits, or lack of it, this season has only increased the speculation surrounding his future. But Sir Alex insists that none of his stars will be sold, specifically highlighting the attacker to the Metro: “That’s a fact. There is no need for us to sell anyone. Nani played last week at Arsenal and he did well. When he is in form there are very few better than him. So I think we will bring him back in pre-season training and he will be all right.” Long-time admirers Juventus were said to be preparing a £20m bid for the former Sporting Lisbon winger who only has a year left in his contract.
Abramovich sets up yacht rendezvous with Mourinho
Like the setting of a European spy thriller, the Sunday People report that Roman Abramovich has invited Jose Mourinho to his world famous yacht to discuss the possibility of the Portuguese returning to the Chelsea hot seat. The fans and the players have already given their vote of confidence on the subject but Abramovich admittedly has concerns about a man he sacked six years ago.
Suarez intends to stay at Liverpool
Amid all the bad publicity Luis Suarez has stepped out to pledge his future to Liverpool, stating that he has no intention of leaving Anfield despite the continued controversies that have plagued him during his stay in England. ‘Bitegate’ has further reduced Suarez’s standing in the Premier League and Liverpool were even said to be considering offers for the troubled Uruguayan. But the 26 year old has every plan of returning after the 10-match ban The Sun: “I have a deal with Liverpool and this is my present — and future.”
David Villa back on Liverpool’s radar
Irrespective of Suarez’s future, Liverpool do need another attacking talent to aid their push for a Champions League spot next season and the Mirror reckons that the Reds are about to go back to their old target David Villa. The Barcelona striker has been looking for an exit route from the Nou Camp after rapidly falling down the pecking order at the club. Arsenal were once in pole position to sign the 31 year old but their interest has since waned, thus allowing the Reds back into the fold.
Monaco remain keen on Lampard
Frank Lampard has spent the last few weeks hovering close to Chelsea’s all-time scoring record and his contract situation also received some positive news after Mourinho was linked with a Stamford Bridge return. Al of that hasn’t dissuaded Monaco though as the Mirror report that the French outfit are still eager to reunite the 34 year old with his old manager Claudio Ranieri.
Remy dreaming of Arsenal move
Loic Remy and Arsenal seem such a natural fit as the striker has all the attributes Arsene Wenger is looking for- pace, strong finish and a French passport. The 26 year old is sure to quit the already relegated QPR come the end of the season and he wants to make the short move across London to the Emirates, despite strong interest from the likes of Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle, reports the Mirror.
Chelsea chase Schalke’s versatile Greek defender Kyriakos Papadopoulos
The Blues already have a crowded defensive section in their squad, with four experienced centre backs and three full-backs all fighting for spots under Rafa Benitez. But the Metro report they are still set to move for Schalke’s Kyriakos Papadopoulos, the 21 year old Greek International who can play across the back-line and in midfield too. £15m is what the Germans want for the player’s signature, with Schalke hoping that fellow suitors Man City and Atletico Madrid join the party to initiate a bidding war.
Tottenham to off-load misfiring Adebayor in favour of Damiao
Tottenham have found out the hard way that Emmanuel Adebayor isn’t a potent force when there are no contract negotiations and after spending countless nights coming up with a £100,000-a-week deal for the Togo International last summer, they are ready to cut him loose. The Sunday People report that Moncao are interested in taking the 29 year old back and Spurs will use the proceeds of that sale to fund their chase of Leandro Damiao, their long-time Brazilian target.
Galatasaray to steal Dimitar Berbatov from the Cottagers
Man United’s record buy, Dimitar Berbatov was always going to be too big for his surroundings at Craven Cottage and Fulham could lose their talisman in the summer if reports in the Sunday People are to be believed. The Turkish pensioner’s paradise, Galatasaray, want the Bulgarian to join Didier Drogba and Wesley Sneijder and they are prepared to offer £5m for the 32 year old.
- 05/05/2013 15:19 - Manchester United Boss determined to keep Nani at Old Trafford
- 05/05/2013 13:38 - Manchester United Set to offer Promising Phil a New Deal
- 05/05/2013 12:40 - Manchester Giants lock horns over Malaga Playmaker