TheSportsCampus

The Worlds Favourite Playground

Tuesday, Jul 28th

Last update:12:27:52 AM GMT

You are here: Football Transfer News Ferguson rules out Hernandez sale in Summer

Ferguson rules out Hernandez sale in Summer

User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has ruled out the sale of 24 year old Mexican striker Javier Hernandez. The energetic striker has made a significant contribution in United’s successful campaign so far as he managed 16 goals in 28 games for the Red Devils in all competitions. Although the Mexican is down the pecking order at Old Trafford with the likes of Robin Van Persie, Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck leading the charge, Ferguson believes that Hernandez still has a big role to play at the club.

In praise of the striker’s professionalism,  the manager said, “I’ve said to him it’s not easy to keep leaving him out because a 16-goal tally in the number of games he’s started is a brilliant record. He does something every game; he changes it. He does something different to the other strikers.”

 

Hailing the depth in his squad as one of the reasons for success this season Ferguson insisted that his Mexican striker is not for sale even with interest lurking from clubs as big as Real Madrid. Speaking about transfer speculation Ferguson was quoted by the Telegraph as saying, “He’s on a long contract for starters and we won’t be entertaining any interest. He’s a really important player for us. You see that all the time.”

Sir Alex also hinted that Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez would start United’s all important FA Cup tie against Chelsea on Monday owing to his terrific scoring record against the Blues. Hernandez has scored 6 goals in 7 games thus far against the West London club.