The Worlds Favourite Playground

Thursday, Jun 21st

Last update:01:51:56 AM GMT

You are here: Others Rugby Wallabies and All Blacks battle out 18-18 draw

Wallabies and All Blacks battle out 18-18 draw

User Rating: / 0

Two of Rugby's fiercest rivals have fought out an enthralling 18-18 draw in front of a near capacity crowd at Suncorp Stadium this evening for the third and final Bledisloe Cup Test of 2012. The Qantas Wallabies and All Blacks threw everything they had at each other for 80 minutes of some of the most intense Rugby of 2012, with neither side able to be separated at the final siren.

After leading 12-6 at half time the Qantas Wallabies nearly saw their lead cut in half, only to have All Black fly half, Dan Carter, miss his second penalty goal attempt of the night in the 44th minute.

In the 51st minute the Qantas Wallabies extended their lead to nine-points after Kurtley Beale knocked over a penalty goal, however successive penalty goals to Carter in the 53rd and 56th minutes saw the Australian's lead cut to just three-points.

The Qantas Wallabies had a chance to extend their lead once more but a long range penalty goal attempt by Beale sailed wide leaving the Australian's up by three-points.

The All Blacks drew level in the 67th minute thanks to the boot of Carter again and then stretched away from the home side in the 71st minute thanks to another penalty goal.

The trusty boot of Qantas Wallabies full back, Mike Harris, put the Qantas Wallabies back on level pegging in the 75th minute with the next five and a bit minutes some of the most entertaining and heart stopping of 2012.

With the siren gone the Qantas Wallabies went through phase after phase pressing closer and closer to the All Blacks 22.

After losing the ball following more than a dozen phases the All Blacks counter attacked taking themselves to within the Australia 22.

With both Carter and All Black replacement fly half Aaron Cruden waiting for a drop goal attempt either side of the ensuing ruck it was Carter who had the chance to snatch an historic victory.

As the 51,888 crowd held their collective breath the drop goal attempt from just 30 meters out sailed agonisingly wide to see the sides unable to be separated at full time.