Despite dropping just one of her 11 matches in Delhi, Cottrell's only blemish came at the most inopportune of times, with world number one Val Smith, who went on to settle for silver after failing to overcome England's Natalie Melmore, striking in the semi-final. Having to regroup quickly to play Ahmad, who had won gold in Manchester and Melbourne, the Australian young gun hammered the Malaysian over maximum distance, relinquishing last bowl in favour of taking the mat.
2010 New Delhi Games
Cassidy was predicted to make the podium and wasn't far from placing gold. "It was my intention to get away early, which I did,", he said. "I had a great first 400m out in front and was leading at 800m. I pulled over to let the next guys through to take their turn in front but they slowed the race right down on an already slow track at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
During an engrossing semi-final against Northern Ireland's Gary Kelly, Selby hung tough- despite confessing that he struggled with his rhythm- as he posted a 9-9, 9-7 victory to guarantee himself of a medal.
Subsequently, the CGF has received confirmation from the Indian Chef de Mission, that the athlete has been duly notified of the result, as per the CGF Anti-Doping Standard (ADS) for the XIX Commonwealth Games.
The B Sample test has now been received, confirming the result of the A Sample test.Â Ms Oludamola confirmed during the Provisional Hearing that she was waiving her right to a Full Hearing as provided for under the ADS.
The athlete tested positive for the prohibited substance Methylhexaneamine, listed as a prohibited stimulant under category S6 of the WADA list of prohibited substances and methods.
Smith, who began her Commonwealth Games campaign poorly, has rebounded well and today beat Claire Johnston of Scotland 9-7, 6-5 to remain in contention. She will now face Australian Kelsey Cottrell in the semi-finals.
- New Zealand's Linda Villumsen takes Silver in time trial
- India edge closer to Badminton Golds at Commonwealth Games
- Selby, Cottrell through to Commonwealth Games Lawn Bowls Semi-finals
- Canada's Rhythmic Gymnastics Team Comes Together to Win Commonwealth Games Silver
- Canada loses to Papua Guinea in Rugby Bowl Final of Commonwealth Games
- Canadian Badminton Queen says goodbye in Final Match at the Commonwealth Games
- Selby, Cottrell through to Commonwealth Games Lawn Bowls Quarter-finals
Page 5 of 32